Welcome to the Social Networking site of the CUNY Institute for Virtual Enterprise.
As a participant in the 12th Annual SmartPitch Challenge, you will get access a chance to develop your business concept as part of an entrepreneurship community of students, entrepreneurs, private and public sector mentors, and experts, and gain access to resources, peer camaraderie and mentorship. In addition, you will be informed about a variety of resources with regards to entrepreneurship, paid internships and job offerings at start-ups.
To participate in SmartPitch, to join our online community of student entrepreneurs and mentors and RSVP for our Kick-off Event on January 31, 2014 at Baruch College:
The best teams will be invited to present their concepts at the SmartPitch Event on June 5, 2014 and compete for $8,500 in prizes.
1st Prize: $5,000
2nd Prize: $2,500
3rd Prize: $1,000
If you are one of the top 5 finalists you will be able to participate in a Virtual Business Incubator, which will help you to launch your business in the real world and includes:
• Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
• Incubator Space
• Mentorship from Experts at IBM
• Access to the entrepreneurship network in virtual and real space
SmartPitch 2014 Timeline
• 1/31 Kick-off Event
• 1/31 -6/5 Continuing business development, consultation and mentorship on CUNYIVE Ning
• 3/17 Milestone One Due: 30 Sec Video Pitch
• 4/23 Milestone Two Due: Post an Executive Summary to Ning
• 5/16 Milestone Three Due: Post a 10-Slide Deck to your Ning Page
• 6/5 SmartPitch Final Event Competition (See the 2012 Winners)
• 7/10-7/11 Entrepreneurship Boot Camp in NYC
First slideThere are over 350.000 youth between the ages of 16-24 who are not working or in school in nycYouth need to connect to resources such as community programs through socials service staff but theres a gap.Why??Social Service staff have to…Continue